Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Karuveppilai Podi/ Spicy Curry Leaves Powder

Curry leaves have a lot of medicinal properties. They help in easy digestion and regular intake also promotes hair growth.
In south India, we use a lot of curry leaves in our daily cooking. But, if you take a close look at all the plates after the meal, there will be at least 3-5 curry leaves in each plate, i.e. people waste the curry leaves.
Somehow I feel that Grandmothers always had an answer for these kinds of issues…and that’s why they used to make recipes like Karuveppilai podi/ Spicy Curry Leaves Powder so that everyone at home gets the benefit of curry leaves.
Ingredients
Curry Leaves - 3 large cups
Channa Dhal - 2 tablespoon
Urad Dhal - 3 tablespoon
Dhaniya / Corriander Seeds - 3 tablespoon
Red Chillies - 10
Pepper -1/4 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Procedure
1. Dry roast curry leaves till they turn light brown.
2. Dry roast the other ingredients and grind this along with the curry leaves into a coarse powder.
3. Serve it with hot rice and ghee. You can also mix this Spicy Curry leaves powder with Til oil and serve it with Dosa or Idly.


8 comments:

Sumee said...

Very interesting reciepe Anju. Came here to check out since it was listed on Vidya's.. I have to try ur puliyogara, which am always scared of. Keep it going..

laxmant said...

Hi,
The joke represents me
t.laxman

Anjana said...

Thanks for your comments. Try out a few recipes and let me know if you and your family liked them.

Healthcare Raja Nellai said...

Dear anjana,

I am raja editor and publisher of health care magazine.I saw your blog and if u r willing to write your article in tamil i am ready to publish in my magazine. Pls visit my website www.tamilhealthcare.com If u r willing to write pls inform me @ healthkare@in.com

Unknown said...

Hi anjana!! I tried ur recipe.. U helped me make a easy and delicious food.. Thank u..

WEWINSARAN said...

HAI FRIEND
I WANT KARUVEPILLAI PODE 2TONS THREE MONTHS ONCE DO U WANT SUPPLY ME MY MAIL ID wewinwe@gmail.com
cell +919600056666
please contact me
thank u

WEWINSARAN said...

HAI I WANT KRUVEPPILAI PODI 2TONS THREE MONTHS ONCE

WEWINSARAN said...

I WANT 2TONS KARUVEPPILAI PODE THREE MONTHS ONCE PLEASE DOT U SUPPLY ME