Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eggless Banana Cake



We’ve bought an oven - OTG recently and I’ve been experimenting on various kinds of bakes and grills – cakes, pasta etc.
On one hand, I’m taking all efforts to reduce my weight a little bit and on the other hand, I’ve been lavishly treating myself with all the baking experiments.
Yesterday I thought that I should try to make some healthy bakes so that it doesn’t make my effort to lose weight worthless.
We had some over ripe bananas at home and I thought I could make eggless banana cake instead of throwing the over ripe bananas.
I shared the cake with my close neighbours and they really appreciated it. They were really surprised that an eggless cake was so soft. In most of the eggless recipes, we add condensed milk to compensate the eggs. They were really wonderstruck when I told them that I did not add condensed milk/ even plain milk in this recipe…
I don’t have the count of pieces that I’ve had!!! So, please try this out and be ready for compliments!!
Ingredients:
1 cup mashed ripe banana
2 cups Maida / Plain flour
½ to ¾ cup sugar½ cup melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 tsp salt
Handful of raisins
½ cup shredded carrot (optional)
Procedure
1. Sieve Maida, baking powder and baking soda 2 times so that they get mixed well.
2. Add all the other ingredients other than butter and finally add the butter.
3. Mix it to a smooth paste. It wouldn’t be in flowing consistency.
4. Preheat the oven to 175 -180 degrees Celsius.
5. Grease the baking tray and dust a tsp of Maida and pour the batter.
6. Bake in the oven for 50 mins and then check if it has turned into dark brown colour. Keep it for 10 more mins for extra brown colour.
7. Enjoy the cardamom and banana combination with hot tea.


2 comments:

Deepa said...

Cool dude:-)Deepa

Unknown said...

i tasted ur cake and i must say it was so good that i prefer it to the ones with egg in it.looking forward to more cake recipes
bindu